Sympathy Card Messages
Most people have a fear that they are going to upset or offend the person who will receive their sympathy words. Anxiety sets in as you try to find the correct sympathy card message. Don't use phrases like "I know what you are going through" - the reason is that you probably don't know what the person is going through, and even if you do it can come across as minimizing the suffering and pain the receiving person is feeling. Try one of these sympathy messages in your next card:
- Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak
- With my deepest sympathy
- You are in my thoughts and prayers
- With love to you and your family
- In loving memory
- With heartfelt condolences
- My thoughts are with you at your time of need
- I want you to know that I am here for you at this time of grieving
- Thinking of you in these difficult times
- Please know our loving thoughts embrace you
- Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. We are sorry for your loss.
- In loving memory of [NAME], [HE/SHE] will be missed dearly.
- Please accept our condolences on the loss of your [MOTHER/FATHER/OTHER RELATION].
- Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. From all your friends at [BUSINESS NAME]
- [NAME] will always be in our hearts and memories. With sympathy, The [YOUR LAST NAME] Family